One of the main objectives of the PORT AUTHORITY OF CASTELLON is to drive its blue transition to connect to the world, becoming a benchmark in sustainable logistics development, supported by digital transformation and generating trust in its environment as set out in the 2020-2024 Strategic Plan’s mission and vision.
To achieve this objective, a management system, which is demonstrated on a day-to-day basis, must be established and consolidated, based on the following principles.
- Total customer and user satisfaction through the provision of logistics services that add value.
- The inclusion of continuous improvement in all our processes and services, with regular review of objectives to ensure our quality management, occupational health and safety, environment, and R&D and innovation systems, together with our sustainability actions, all run smoothly.
- Communication channels with all stakeholders on environmental, quality and occupational health and safety issues, encouraging the implementation of management systems among other Port Community members (operators, concessionaires, licensees and port service providers).
- Commitment to protecting the environment, including the prevention of pollution and the protection of the marine and port environments, in all our spheres of influence.
- Rational use of natural resources, optimising consumption and applying energy efficiency and climate change mitigation criteria.
- Promotion of port-city integration as the driving force to develop the social and business fabric of our surrounding area.
- Respect for and compliance with applicable regulations, as well as any other commitments entered into.
- Employee involvement and awareness, together with the full support of the company’s management team, is essential to achieve the established objectives.
- Full company commitment to reduce and eliminate risks, as well as to prevent injuries and deterioration of health at work. This commitment extends to providing safe and healthy working conditions to prevent work-related accidents. These conditions must be appropriate to the context of the organisation and the nature of the risks and opportunities.
- Commitment to worker consultation and participation through their representatives.
This policy establishes the necessary framework to establish these objectives, whereby the company’s management undertakes to comply with requirements and to continuously improve the effectiveness of its management systems.
QUALITY, OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY, ENVIRONMENT AND SUSTAINABILITY POLICY (Spanish only)