The future of PortCastelló begins today with our 2020-2024 Strategic Plan.
The main aim of the 2020-2024 Strategic Plan is to define the lines of action and objectives that will enable the appropriate port, investment, commercial, service and organisational policies to be developed in the coming years, thus establishing the foundations for achieving competitive advantages that will foster short-term commercial returns and the creation of value in the long term. This is all framed within the EU’s Blue Growth strategy.
THE STRATEGIC GUIDELINES
- Blue growth. The ultimate goal of the port is to promote sustainable growth, which generates a positive impact on society, creating wealth and employment, through a culture of innovation and respect for the environment. This strategic line has a holistic cross-cutting scope and is embedded in all the objectives and actions of the port’s strategy.
- Diversified development. Attracting new traffic and building loyalty with existing clients to sustainably increase local wealth, encouraging existing and new customers to set up new businesses in the port’s hinterland, and establishing connections and trade relations with new destinations.
- Social impact. Integrating the port with society and being recognised as a leading port in terms of transparency and sustainability. Being an organisation which is committed to the SDGs and places the environment and people at the core of all its decisions and actions.
- Competitiveness. Providing competitive services, both in terms of quality and price, with more effective, flexible and efficient processes, increasing the port’s capillarity and multimodality, and optimising the use of its infrastructures and facilities.
- Advanced management. Promoting a management culture that fosters innovation, digital transformation, management by objectives, continuous improvement, a customer-centric approach, efficiency and responsiveness, and a united Port Community.
STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT OFFICE
The Strategic Management Office (SMO) has been set up to supervise and manage the SP24. It is made up of a group of people who lead and coordinate the strategy’s deployment, implementation and monitoring in all the organisation’s departments.
COORDINATION AND DECISION-MAKING MECHANISMS
Likewise, PortCastelló has set up five committees, each of which focuses on a particular strategic area, as well as a General Strategy Committee, which coordinates management and monitoring.
PortCastelló, a key tool at the service of logistics