PortCastelló approves its annual accounts for 2018 that place it as the third most profitable port
PortCastelló approves a sanctioning procedure with 92 types of infractions with amounts between € 100 and € 500
The Board of Directors of the Port Authority of Castellón, meeting in today’s session, has approved the 2018 annual accounts, with a net turnover of € 31,334,907, which represents an increase in revenue of 9% over the previous year, despite the reduction in fees. Operating expenses amounted to € 10,955,641, representing an increase of 8% compared to 2017.
As a result of revenues having increased by € 2,600,189 while operating expenses have increased to a lesser extent, by 807.105 , € 35, the operating result has improved by 10.7%, amounting to € 13,896,904.
The financial result was -3,017,396 €, which is an improvement of 0.1% with respect to 2017. The result of the year, the sum of operating and financial results, has exceeded ten million euros for the first time, amounting to € 10,879,508, which is 14.1% more than the previous year.
Three other important results derived from the annual accounts and that confirm the economic strength of the Port Authority are an EBITDA of € 19,590,651, a cash-flow of € 17,977,732 and a working capital of € 44,038,000, 55% higher than in 2017.
The result of the 2018 fiscal year places the port of Castellón as the third most profitable in the country and as the first in operating results with respect to revenues, in what is a measure of management efficiency.
The Board of Directors of the Port Authority of Castellón in its session today has also made the following agreements:
- Approve the annual extension provided in the service contract signed between SASEMAR and the Port Authority of Castellón.
- Approve the concession to Bucemar SL for the occupation of the warehouses numbers 5 and 6, with a total area of 116.77 m2, located in the north zone of the port, to be used for the storage of equipment and machinery necessary for professional underwater activities. The term of the concession is five years and the total amount of the fees payable is € 761.41 per year, updated annually according to the legally established regulations, to which will be added the amount of VAT in force at any given time.
- Approve the concession to Ibertic Soluciones SL for the occupation of a total area of 1 m2, located in the water tank of the port, for installation of some antennas to provide WIFI / WIMAX service. The term of the concession is five years and the total amount of the fees payable is € 149.03 per year, annually updated according to the legally established regulations, to which the amount of VAT in force a given moment will be added.
- Authorize the transfer of total use to Italian Brokers SL by Port Navega SL of the concession for the exploitation of a terrace bar lounge, of 787.80 m2, located in the Plaza del Mar. The term has an end date of September 30, 2021 and the total amount of fees payable is € 12,035.04 a year, updated annually according to the legally established regulations, to which will be added the amount of VAT in force at any given time.
- Approve the sanctioning procedure applicable in the service area of the port of Castellón. Infractions are classified as minor, serious and very serious in the following areas: use of the port and its facilities; activities subject to prior authorization, concession or borrowed by license; maritime security; maritime traffic management; pollution of the marine environment; provision of port services and abandonment of vehicles. A total of 92 sanctionable infractions in the different areas have been typified with sanctions for amounts ranging from € 100 to € 500. In 19 cases of those identified, the amount of the sanction will be set in proportion to the consequences that the infraction has on the Port Authority or on third parties.
A 40% reduction to the amount of the sanction will be applied in cases where it is paid in a voluntary period and any administrative action or appeal against the sanction is waived. Infractions that are repeated will entail an increase in the amount of the penalty of 20% in the first case, 30% in the second and 50% in the third or subsequent.
- Approve delegation of powers of the Board of Directors to the person holding the office of president and to the management personnel of the Port Authority. In the presidency 7 responsibilities are delegated in administrative matters, 7 in matters of public domain, 3 in economic and budgetary matters, 5 in the matters of port exploitation, and 3 in matters of organization and labor. Responsibility is assigned to those persons with responsibility for management, the head of the exploitation area and the head of the economic-financial department, for matters of port exploitation, a further responsibility in matters of public domain and in economic and budgetary matters, respectively.
In each of the sessions of the Board of Directors, the resolutions that, in the exercise of the powers delegated by the Board, have been adopted from the previous session will be reported.
- Approve the specifications for the provision of commercial ship consignment service in the port of Castellón in development of article 9 of Royal Decree 131/2019, of March 8, which sets out the obligation to consign ships. The office, functions, obligations and responsibilities of the vessel consignee agent are defined in the approved document; the necessary qualifications, possible causes for dismissal and the procedures for processing applications are defined; a period of validity is established for authorizations of 5 years; a deposit guarantee of € 30,000 and a risk and liability coverage of € 300,000 is required.
These rules will enter into force once they have been published in the Official State Gazette and the companies that currently provide the consignment service will have a period of six months to adapt to the new conditions established in the approved specifications.