The first section of the Cerámica quay has been adjudicated to TMG with an investment of 9.9 million euros for the modernization of operations.
The Board of Directors of the Port Authority of Castellón has agreed unanimously in today’s meeting to appoint Ana Ulloa Piñeiro as Managing Director of Port Castelló following the announcement made public in July that the current Managing Director, Roberto Arzo Cubero, would be stepping down in order to take up a new job in the the field of renewable energy.
Ana Ulloa has a degree in Civil Engineering from the University of A Coruña, a master’s degree in Infrastructure, Equipment and Services Management from the Polytechnic University of Madrid and has studied the ‘Programme for the Development of Business Management at the IESE Business School. She has also studied at the l’École Nationale des Ponts et Chaussées de París.
Ana Ulloa has ample professional experience in the core business of the port, she has been head of public domain and operations at the Port Authority of Vilagarcía de Arousa, the head of operations at the Port of Bilbao and is currently head of operations with the Port Authority of Vigo, which controls port operations, safety and business management. She has also taken part in drawing up various projects, the implementation of public works, the drawing of strategy pland and a special plan for the Port Authority of Vilagarcía de Arousa, in the annual business plans and the development of intermodal terminals in the ports of Bilbao, Vigo and Vilagarcía.
The new managing director of PortCastelló, who will take up her position on the 15th of October, has given various courses and presentations and won the Modesto Vigueras Award 2009, given annually by the Asociación Técnica de Puertos y Costas. She speaks Spanish, Galician French and English.
Ana Ulloa is the first woman to become the director of General Port in the Valencian Region.
The Board Of Directors has also taken the following decisions.
1) Award a concession to United Minerals S.L. for the occupancy of a site measuring 33.000 m2 in the southern area of the port for the storage and handling of solid bulks. The area is equipped with a concreted surface area, a perimeter fence and four covered concrete bunkers, a ramp, silos, conveyor belts, weighing machines for lorries and a control tower. The concession is for a period of twenty years and the annual tariff in 2018 will be 422,726.69 euros plus VAT, this amount can be updated according to the law.
2) Award a concession to Portsur Castellón S.A. the concession for the occupancy of a covered storage area consisting of a metallic structure with prefabricated concrete panels, with a surface area of and la 4.500 m2, situated in the northern zone and to be used for handling goods belonging to the company. The concession is for a period of five years and the annual tariff in 2018 will be 37,890.38 euros plus VAT. The amount may revised annually according to the law.
3) Approve the substantial modification for the extension to the period of ten years for the concession held by Gasolineras Vicent S.A.for the construction and operation in a services area for use by land transport and situated in the northern zone. This extension is approved now that 19 of the initial 20 years have passed. It has also been shown that investments not initially forecast , a total of 261.261 euros, make up 68,7% of the initial investment and are therefore in excess of the minimum of 20% established by law. The annual tariff in 2018 will be 30,463.20 euros plus VAT, this amount may revised annually according to current legislation.
4) Approval of the substantial modification for the extension to the period of 10 years of concession awarded to A Gimeno Servicios Portuarios S.A. for the occupancy of a surface area of 4.500 m2 situated in the northern zone for the construction of a warehouse for the storage of goods belonging to the company. This modification can be made since 19 of the initial 20 years have passed. It has also been shown that investments not initially forecast , a total of 229,860 euros, make up 38.2% of the initial investment and are therefore in excess of the minimum of 20% established by law. The annual tariff in 2018 will be 18,638.10 euros plus VAT. This amount may be revised annually according to current legislation.
5) Approve the adjudication to Guillermo Arnal Jericó for occupancy and operations as a concession, for the property nº 7, of 108 m2, situated in the Plaza del Mar for use as a restaurant. The period is of ten years and the annual tariff will be 20,098.07 euros plus the corresponding VAT, an amount which may be revised annually according to current legislation.
6) Approve the adjudication after tender of a concession to Terminal Marítima del Grao S.L. (TMG) for construction and operations of a solid bulks terminal situated in the first section of the Cerámica quay. TMG is committed to an investment of 7,175,848 euros in machinery and installations. They will build two semi closed bunkers (only open towards the dock side) for operations at the terminal which will be carried out with a covered conveyor belt reaching the warehouses; they will also install weighing machines and systems for washing the wheels of lorries. Measures for protecting the environment will be completed by installing water spraying systems inside the warehouses. The offer proposes fees additional to the the occupancy and operations of 2,712,917.91 euros over the 35 years of concession which gives a total tariff will be 18,499,033.29 euros. In addition, TMG plans to invest 2,377,873.96 euros in improving infrastructure which consist of extending the Cerámica quay by 102.4 metres as well as the creation of an additional surface area of 8.460 m2. TMG plans to be operating 24/7 throughout the year with a permanent staff of 20 people.
In this way TMG is fulfilling the requirements established by the Port Authority in the tender agreements, proposes various innovations in the methods of handling solid bulks which will enable them to be more efficient, effective, sustainable and keep environmental effects to a minimum.
7) Approve the agreements for the tender for the second section of the Cerámica quay which will for construction and operation of a terminal for solid bulks. The are to given in concession measures 16.425 m2, with 210 metros of dock front. This area the concession holder will carry out at his own expense and risk all the necessary building work necessary for the handling of solid bulks as laid down in the proposal, including technical means (cranes, hoppers, accessories) for the proper handling of this type of goods.
In the agreements it is stipulated that high performance equipment is used for loading and unloading vessels so that the efficiency of the port may be improved and the environment properly protected. For the latter, bunkers and warehouses for storage should be as closed as possible, transport should be by conveyor belt to and from storage spaces and water spraying system should be used for areas where solid bulks are kept outside so that the spread of dust particles can be prevented. The company taking up this concession will be obliged to handle a minimum of 1,000,000 tons of solid bulks annually from the first year of operation and the concession period will not exceed 35 years.
8) Grant to BP Oil S.A. a licence for the provision of solid waste disposal service and the recovery of liquid waste generated by vessels, this a being a renovation of the licence granted in 2012.